Saturday, May 15, 2010

Geocaching Adventure 4

This Cache is located in the middle of the woods between Gratiot and Fairchild on 21 mile by parking in the church to the east of the railroads. The description for Haven't You Heard of a Ladder?sounded pretty simple so we decided to give it a try.

From the church parking lot we headed out west towards the train tracks and the forest the GPS was pointing we needed to .2 miles that way. I dont know how many people are familiar with that area but it is all four wheeler tracks and we walked past them, Luckily they weren't driving else we could of been in danger. Click here for a picture of the track, also can browse more pictures of the woods in the album. After awhile we wound up in front of a big pile of logs and I assumed thats what it meant by ladder so I climbed on them and searched but with no luck we followed the GPS coordinates back to where it was pointing, before the logs we did that but did not see anything. The second time I get there and walked around and I look up and see the piece of crap like 30 foot up and there were little tree branches each about 3-4 apart from each other. After trying to convince Jamie to let me go and get it I finally stopped and we walked away, but want to go back but we need to bring some men with us so they can spot me. You can see the cache in the middle of this picturebut the zoom is on so it looks closer.


There was another cache right when we entered the woods past the railroad tracks but had the other one in first. So we came back here and looked for Four Wheeler The GPS kept changing on me and we wound up not finding it, but came back on geocaching.com and on the comments it says the coordinates are changed but does not show it on the top of the page.

Also there was a cache just west of here on Fairchild Fairchild Inn and Resort As I was driving by I seen all houses and I dont want to go to a persons house just to get a cache so we said F that. But why would you want to place a cache on your property are people really that stupid to believe, no one would do anything bad? In todays world I would take a chance like that, not worth it. Hope people follow suit and get some common sense slapped into them and save people like me, from going to your house. Its just a cache hide it somewhere, where people want to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment