Thursday, May 13, 2010

Geocaching adventure 1

This is the first of hopefully many Geocaching blogs. Geocaching is when you try to search for hidden objects that other geocachers hide, normally there is stuff in the object like toys and a log book. Visit geocaching.com for the full thing. Well anyways the first time we tried geocaching was sunday May 9th and we accomplished 3 caches. Here is how the first one went down.

We started off with me (Jeff), my girlfriend (Jamie), and friend (Pete). Our first one was "Dare You To Cross OverAs I said this was our first cache and the first time I used a GPS. Pete knew the area pretty well, so when I explained to him that we needed to find a tree that was knocked over and had pellets on the bottom he knew where to take us, There were several trees that were knocked over but none as big as the tree the hider chose. When the tree fell over it knocked down at least 4 other trees (Click here for pic of fallen treeWell after we managed to cross over the tree, I read that it was approx 100 feet away and I was not sure how to use my GPS, so I started walking around and about an hour later I realized my GPS was saying I was a foot away so I told everyone else about it and seconds later Jamie spotted a little pill case hidden in the roots of the tree if you want to see the rest of pictures browse through that album, I don't want to spoil it all for people who have not found it, but looking back at it, the clue gives it all away. It was my first time so I did not take the clue seriously and did not remember it. Around 5 minutes before we found the cache, when I realized the GPS was directing me here, I glanced down at the cache but thought it was a bottle cap, Looking back it, I feel retarded why would anyone put a water bottle under the tree like that? I thought, but it was the first time and learned 2 valuable lessons. 1. Remember clues and 2. Don't hesitate to take a second look at something.

No comments:

Post a Comment