Thursday, May 20, 2010

Geocaching Adventure 10

This was wrote the day after it took place.

I just got off work and was planning on doing some geocaches all day, after work. So we went and quickly ate at Taco Bell and headed straight to Lakeside Island a little island that is towards the SE corner of the lakeside mall area. We parked in the catering restaurant on hayes and walked all the way down till we seen a sidewalk that took us to a bridge that is the only way to access the island. I just put in w/e coords so we wound up doing the furthest one first, and closet one last so it all worked out well there are 3 different caches on the island.

The first cache was named Lakeside Island. For this we walked down the coast, to see plenty of ducks, geese and little ducks. We finally found a opening in the woods and coasted in and the coords took us to Zero, but nothing was in the area, after 10 minutes, we were looking else where when I seen a huge tree knocked over so i started walking to the base of it since that is what the clue was. I found the little bowl covered with bark.

The second cache was kind of in the middle island but on the brim of the forest, but like 40 ft in. Sweet Land Of Liberty was a real easy find, we found a path to walk in from the previous cache and I was walking first (navigating) when Jamie behind me, yelled she found it, sure enough she did. We took our first traveling bug. Traveling Keychain Collector. From here it was time to finish our last cache on the island.

The final cache was right to the side of the bridge, NJB's Surprise so we went down the sides and looked with no luck for about 20 minutes. I kept going up and down to see what the GPS was saying, one of the times I slipped and fell backwards on my elbow and my side. I fell on top of a rock and the edge of it broke from impact, I went to look at the logs for it today and the 2 previous people said they could not find it. Make me the 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment